HP Laptop won't start - HELP!

Closed
jessmich Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 24, 2014 - Sep 23, 2014 at 07:29 PM
jessmich Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 24, 2014 - Sep 24, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,
Sorry to trouble you.....but.....
I have a HP Pavillion DV5 1112ea.
Still visually in pristine condition having never left my bedroom but it has developed a problem which, of course, is the reason I am here - lol.
When I press the start button (top left), all the lights across the top flash momentarily (as normal) and then there is a barely audible click from the top right (where the power cord thingy goes in); and I mean barely audible. There is no fan sound and it just sort of lies there like a table mat, dead, bereft of life, a computer no more. There is a little light where the power cord goes in and the charging light is nice, bright and pretty at the bottom left front.
I have done that 'remove the battery and all peripherals and press the start button for 20 seconds' trick so many times I've broken a nail.
I'm assuming the power bit is ok because of the two aforementioned lights being on and bright.
Any advice and help would be gratefully accepted.
Love and hugs to all who read this.
x
Related:

2 responses

jambora Posts 4 Registration date Sunday September 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 23, 2014
Sep 23, 2014 at 09:25 PM
Sounds like you may not have had it for long. Is it still under Warranty?
jessmich Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 24, 2014
Sep 24, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Hi Jambora,
I've had it for about 3 years so it is out of warranty. As I said in the original question, the lights flash, it is charging (the little light tells me that) and then nothing. There is no fan sound :(