Bootmrg is missing windows 7 Hp pavilion g6

Closed
zonell217 Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday February 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 1, 2014 - Oct 1, 2014 at 12:35 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 2, 2014 at 02:51 AM
My pavilion g6 windows 7 64 Bit and it's displaying " bootmrg is missing" I have recovery disc and I also have windows 7 64 Bit "repair" disc my unit is not booting from either disc despite changing the boot order to boot from internal Cd/DVD rom drive.
Can someone please offer any advice or suggestions on how to proceed to resolve this issue?
Thank you in advance, zonell217
Related:

3 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 1, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Hi there,

This error may be related to a file corruption, which makes the OS is unreadable. Can you hear you drive spinning? Are there any clicking sounds? You may be facing some mechanical issue here, so I would advise you, if you have the option, to try your HDD on another PC. That way you could confirm if the drive is working properly.
If you have a Windows 7 installation CD/DVD, try booting from there. Those repair discs fail quite often. Keep in mind that your HDD should be connected with your SATA connectors.
It looks quite unfortunate but it seems that your repair disc can not be recognized and the HDD has failed at the same time. I really thing that you need a new HDD and the Windows 7 installation CD.

Hope this helps.
zonell217 Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday February 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 1, 2014
Oct 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM
The Hdd is spinning and I ran all the diagnostics test and they all passed.
Also I have the recovery disc they're genuine disc bought from Hp.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 2, 2014 at 02:51 AM
Well, confirming that your HDD is working properly is some good news. After all, the bootmgr error may be purely software related. There are several recommended ways to fix it but I think that you got it the right way. I would say that using the repair CD (or the installation CD) is the acceptable solution. Can you check the recovery CD on another PC to confirm that it is working? Have you been using your PC configuration or this is the first time you are trying to boot it? Is your CD/DVD ROM working properly? If you have recently bought this recovery CD and it is not working as expected, you should contact the seller and get a replacement. If the CD is not working only on your laptop and you have access to another PC, think about doing a recovery USB.
I am running out of suggestions here. Let me know if you have any progress.