Toshiba1 tb not opening at all

Closed
dinky61 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 16, 2014 - Oct 16, 2014 at 08:06 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 16, 2014 at 09:32 AM
Dear sir

My i tb hard disk toshiba is suddenly not opening in any pc or laptop but the light keeps on blinking. As i have some important documents how do i go about this problem. Kindly can you guide me what am i supposed to do in brief way as i am not having full knowledge in computers. Be kind enough to explain me save my documents Regards Gojer......................
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 16, 2014 at 09:32 AM
Hi, Gojer

All depends on the HDD model, but blinking light may be important. Could you check your drive's manual for some details.
Anyways, you should look in Disk Management. You can access it trough the start menu, writing diskmgmt.msc in the search bar. Open the suggested app and check if your drive is visible there. If it is, check if it has a drive letter, and if the line on top is black or blue.
You should look in Device Manager, where you will find a list of all your PC components. You can access it, trough Start Menu > right click on My Computer>select Properties>Device Manager. Check if the drive is listed under the Universal Serial Bus controllers. It may be there, but with some warning marks. Check the manufacturer's web page for some drivers updates and try the drive with another cable and on another PC.

Hope this helps