Missing files on USB keydrive

Closed
vic2014 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 25, 2014 - Oct 25, 2014 at 09:49 PM
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 - Oct 29, 2014 at 06:08 AM
Hi there,
It seems that I have lost some very valuable documents from my key drive, (note that only some of the files seem to be missing.) At the same time, the available memory on the drive has increased, (I've been following conversations about similar issues, with the difference being that most people seem to report that their memory space is the same, indicating the files are there, but they are just not visible.) in my case, the files are not there, and the available storage has suddenly gone up, meaning what.....?
I've just made it possible to view hidden files, (on the PC I've been using,)however the files still do not show up.)
i've bee using the drive on both PC and Macand it has, in the past, been absolutely fine.
Any suggestions great fully reciebved!
Vic.
Related:

1 response

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Oct 29, 2014 at 06:08 AM
File system check has been performed continuously in the background which may makes your keydrive space consumed and reduces the chances of successful recovery.

I'd recommend you to download any suited recovery software as soon as possible and perform full drive scan to see if there are missing files still available and can be recovered through the software.

One of the best software you can download for recovery using the link provided below:

https://ccm.net/download/download-22625-stellar-phoenix-photo-recovery#q=Download+stellar+phoenix+photo+recovery&cur=1&url=%2F

Post your results when tried this!!