Computer powers on, but does not boot

Closed
koustavpal Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 30, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2014 - Oct 30, 2014 at 02:47 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Hello,
I've had my desktop computer for about three years. It is a LG. One it show "core dumped" & automatically shutdown & do not start again.
The power button usually lights up, but now it does not. The DVD drive still opens, and a few lights blink on start up as usual.
The screen is blank. The power supply fan runs, the other fan runs too.
I have made sure everything is plugged in, and tried plugging it into different outlets. I can't boot from a CD, the keyboard turn on and the mouse blinks for once.
As far as starting up goes, everything sounds normal. No beeps or clicks to hint at hard drive failure.
Sometimes when I try and try to restart it, it just starts and run well until I shutdown it again. If I put it into sleep mode it not start again. But if I restart it again and again there is no problem.
If everything seems to be going, what is stopping it from booting up?
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Hi there,

As far as I understood your PC works fine until the moment of entering Windows. Am I correct? If your fans are running that is not a clear indication that the PSU is fine. If you can not hear the initial "beep" of the motherboard, this maybe where the issue comes from. Why cant you boot from a CD? Is there any error message?
If you are sure that everything whit your motherboard is fine and you can hear all sounds for a proper PC start, I would suggest you to check the PSU. It may need a replacement.

Hope this helps