Laptop not starting up

Closed
shamith - Nov 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 20, 2014 at 05:09 AM
Hello,

I am having dell inspiron laptop which is about four years old, last day i kept it on sleep mode and when i tried to wake it up, its not starting. Its having a 'bad' baterry ,so i pluged it to a power source and tried to start it, but the charging notification light went off after 2 seconds. when i press the power switch on my laptop its actually getting onn but stays idle with the power notification light on without booting. i plugged my laptop without baterry but the result was same, so please help me sir.

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 20, 2014 at 05:09 AM
Hi Shamith,

Since your laptop is not even trying to boot, I would say that this power issue is related to PSU or motherboard. It is hard to determinate which is the faulty one. That is why I advise you to consult a technician and the reseller (if you still have some warranty left).

Hope this helps