My Laptop Deleted my Windows??

Closed
Ashley - Nov 21, 2014 at 09:17 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 21, 2014 at 09:41 PM
Hello,
I have an HP 2000 notebook PC. I've had it for about a year now, and on it I have Windows 7 installed and I'm protected by Malware-Bytes. Two nights ago, I logged on to go on Netflix - everything was fine until I actually got logged in. Usually, after it loads it'll take me to a screen with a bunch of windows on it: desktop, Bing, news, games, mail, etc. But this time there was... Nothing. No windows at all, just 'Start' up in the lefthand corner, my screen name in the righthand corner with my sign out, lock, and change account picture options, and the purple backdrop with some little design at the bottom. When I right click, a bar pops up at the bottom with an All Apps button, but when I click that it brings me to another blank screen.

I don't know what to do - hard starting doesn't help, clicking the f11 key doesn't help, and I don't want to have to buy a new laptop. There's no error window or anything either - I'm really running out of ideas.

Could one of you lend a hand and help out this highschooler?

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 21, 2014 at 09:41 PM
So boot up in safe mode, and run a virus scan. If you do not have virus software, then that may be problem!