Western Digital My Passport Ultra change to CD Drive

Closed
Haz - Dec 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM
 Ali Shahir - Jan 25, 2017 at 11:54 PM
Hello,

I cannot open or any file on My Western Digital My Passport Ultra because it change to CD Drive

How to solve this problem? Help me
Related:

4 responses

Mine is doing the same thing. Worked for months, now when it's plugged in it shows as a CD=Drive "E". When clicked on, says insert a disk in the drive. Can't access files. I downloaded and ran the software from the WD site and it ran really quickly and said it passed but "0" files. Any suggestions how to get the data back off it?
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 19, 2015 at 08:34 AM
Hello Lenny,

Please, navigate to Disk management on your PC via Control panel and try to assign a different letter to your drive. It should be bigger than M.
If you can, please attach a printscreen on this step to see what happened. Thank you.

KY_WD
wd my passport displaying as a cd drive help
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > tony
Aug 19, 2015 at 08:29 AM
Hi tony,

Please, share more information regarding your operating system, type of format of the drive and what type of error do you get when trying to access your drive. Can you post a print screen of the Disk management menu of your Pc if you are working with Windows?
Have you tested your WD drive with the tool I suggested to Sepehr? What was the result of the extended test?
I would be happy if you share more info. Thank you.
WD Drive Displaying CD Drive (L). Please help
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Ali Shahir
Jan 19, 2017 at 10:34 AM
Hello Ali,

In order to get better visibility, I suggest you to start a whole new topic within the ccm forum. Also, I would like to ask you to provide more details about the problem that you have. What kind of model of external WD drive you have? Have you tried switching its USB cable? If you have tried to connect it to other PCs, I would like to know the result of the test.

Cheers.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 18, 2014 at 09:16 AM
Hello Haz,

Could you, please, tell me can you see the WD My Passport in your Device manager or in the BIOS? Probably you are having this issue because the drive letter was installed under F: when you installed it.
Here at the WD knowledge base, you can find some info regarding how to change drive letter: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=mKy3Cc
Please, keep me posted what happened. Thank you in advance.

Hope that I helped.

KY_WD
it appears as Not Initialized in Disk Manager.
Hi, I have the same issue. Sometimes it doesn't show anything, and sometimes a cd drive. I can see something like it in the device manager. What should I do? Thanks
Dec 22, 2014 at 04:22 AM
Hello Sepehr,

Is your hard drive a Western Digital one? If it is, you could test it with the software of WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Free download you could find here: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=krF7T8
What do you see in the Device manager when the drive is connected?
Please, provide some more info. Thank you.

KY_WD