Screen Blank

Closed
Sajidd Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 5, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2015 - Jan 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 6, 2015 at 02:35 AM
I have a Dell vostro 2510, fairly old laptop. Recently,I switched it on and the screen went blank, only thing happening was the flashing of the caps lock and shift displays. Rebooted and eveverything went back to normal. Problem has come back albeit permanently. I have tried taking the battery out and rebooting but nothing happens, just get the same blank screen and flashing caps,shift keys display. I have very sensitive documents so formatting the hard drive is out of the question. Could some one please please help me out, in a desperate situation, got a big presentation coming up and this had to happen:(

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 6, 2015 at 02:35 AM
Hi Sajidd,

Have you tried removing the CMOS battery? This may be helpful, but it may be difficult to find, depending on the laptop model. I would suggest you to contact the reseller before doing that, because,if your laptop is under warranty, removing the CMOS battery may void it.
I completely understand the concerns you are having about the data. Do you hear the initial post sound when starting the laptop? I would say that the issue may not be HDD related. You can confirm that by removing the HDD and connecting it to another PC. Can you reach the Advanced Boot Menu? If you can, try accessing Windows, using the Last Known good configuration.

Hope this helps