1 terrabyte hd It is very slow

Closed
pidjammies1 Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 12, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2015 - Jan 12, 2015 at 02:04 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 13, 2015 at 03:36 AM
Hello,

I put a 1 terrabyte hard drive in my desktop and have had power supply issues ever since. It is very slow. I put another power supply in and still have the problem. I believe the hard drive is demanding more wattage than the power supply has to give. How many watts does that terrabyte need to get optimum performance? It reminds me of speakers and amplifiers. You have to have enough wattage from your amplifier to drive your speaker or it loses impedence and sounds like crap
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 12, 2015 at 08:55 PM
How many watts is your power supply outputting? vs. How much do your peripherals require?

you should look at the documentation which comes with such hardware and it will tell you.

what does your PC have in it at the moment?

what is the RPM of your HDD?
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 13, 2015 at 03:36 AM
Hi there,

Could you please tell me the model of your HDD? There is a possibility that the drive demands a bit more power, but it is unlikely to be affecting the performance so much, especially if you have tried with two power supplies. Try switching SATA cables and SATA ports. I suggest you to check the drive with the drive manufacturer's diagnostic tool and if the results are bad, get a replacement (if you have some warranty left).

Hope this helps