I have hidden a folder in my external hard disk, I know where I have hidden it and I even know the folder name which I have hidden but the thing is I have forgot the file path, for clear picture of the scenario am facing am just explaining with a scenario.
Eg: I have hidden a folder named x89 in drive E: like (E:a\d\f\x89) where x89 is the folder am looking for.
but I have forget the file path like as explained above E:a\d\f\ so please help me to find that out now.
You could try one of the following options:
1. Type dir /ah - this command will list all hidden files and hidden directories in the directory that you are currently in.
2. Type dir /ah-d
3. After that type dir /a and Enter
Also, you could try viewing hidden files with the attrib command. Typing the attrib command alone displays all files in the current directory with their attributes to the left of the directory path and file name. Files that have an "H" to the left are hidden files.
So here the options are:
1. attrib | more - if there are too many files to list on one page adding "| more" to the end of the attrib command displays all files with attributes one page at a time.
2. After that type attrib *.log
3. Finally, if you know the name of the file you're looking for or what it contains, adding it with or without wild characters displays all files with their attributes.
For example, the above command would list any log file (including hidden files) with its attributes.