Excel file do not open normally.

Closed
Fabriciuse Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2015 - Jan 13, 2015 at 02:28 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 13, 2015 at 08:29 AM
I have Office 2010 and Windows 7. I have one Excel file which has very abnormal behavior. First I opened it, drafted it a little, then closed. Next day when I tried to open it again a got the message:"There was a problem sending the command to the program". And now I am getting this message everytime I try to open the document by clicking on a shortcut. Eventually I have only Excel window with the gray background and with nothing in it.
The DDE checkbox is not checked and never has been. I am completely at a loss..What should I do?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 13, 2015 at 08:29 AM
Hello,

i assume you went through this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/excel/error-when-send-commands-in-excel

if that failed try this:

1. Right-click on the Office file and select "Open with" option.

2. If you are using Windows 7 or earlier Windows versions, click on Browse button.

If you are using Windows 8 or later, click on More Options link and then click on "Look for another app on this PC" option.

3. Now go to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office..." folder in Browse dialog box and select the correct EXE file. For example, if you are trying to open .xlsx file, select EXCEL.EXE file. If you are trying to open .docx file, select WINWORD.EXE file.

Make sure "Always use this application for this file type" or similar option is enabled in Open with window.

4. That's it. It should fix the problem.

and if this fails

You can also try to repair Microsoft Office suite with the help of following steps:

1. Open Control Panel and click on Programs and Features icon.

2. Now click on Microsoft Office entry present in the list and click on "Change" button.

3. Now select "Repair" option and click on "Continue" button.

It'll repair Microsoft Office files and settings and it should fix the problem.