Usage record shows an upload data of 68 MB

Closed
amit1234 Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday March 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 5, 2009 - Mar 18, 2009 at 10:28 AM
 amit1234 - Mar 19, 2009 at 08:46 AM
Hello,
Usage record shows an upload of 68 MB whereas I have not send anything to anyone on internet. I was only surfing through some of the websites for one hour. Can I know to which site and what data has been transferred from my computer.
is there any method to find out this. If anyone has an answer to it. Kindly let me know. I am a new user to internet. Thanks
Related:

1 response

undoneso Posts 8 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2009
Mar 19, 2009 at 04:24 AM
hi,
when you type a word and search for it on internet, your computer sends information about the word you typed.
this is the uploads that have been recorded.
you don't have to worry about it.
this is something normal.
turn on your firewall and install an anti-virus for security.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I understand that some amount of data is uploaded while opening websites but 64 MB is too much if nothing is deliberately sent out in a duration of one and half hour of internet use. kindly let me know what mistake can a user commit for this kind of thing to happen. If I come to know the reason, I shall be careful in future. Thanks once again.