Dell laptop won't get past Dell Logo on start up black screen

Closed
iamjames86 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 4, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 4, 2015 - Feb 4, 2015 at 12:13 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 4, 2015 at 01:58 PM
Hi there,

So I have done quite a few things to rule out what could be causing the problem. Upon start up I see the dell logo till midway through load for a split second then the screen goes black and nothing seems to happen.

I have tried the hard drive in another laptop works fine and starts up okay. Still see all my files and everything.

i have tried removing RAMS one at a time and tried to boot each time same thing happens.

I have tried battery out, Power cord out... Holding power button for up to a minute. Then trying with just the power cord in. Same thing happens.

Fan is working okay.

Tried hooking laptop up to my TV via HDMI. TV goes from no signal to suggesting that it can get a signal but to check the laptop basically. Nothing is displayed.

I am struggling to think what else it can be. Any more suggestions? I have tried starting up and using F2 or F8 etc as soon as I see the dell logo but it just goes off too fast and nothing seems to happen.

Thanks for any input.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 4, 2015 at 01:58 PM
That points to the motherboard as the problem area. Perhaps you can find a replacement laptop on Ebay and transfer the hard disk.

Good Luck