Cant get to login screen help me reset delete everything

Closed
nicolekidd Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2015 - Feb 9, 2015 at 05:28 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 9, 2015 at 09:01 AM
My gateway laptop originally had vista installed someone used my laptop and installed windows 8 now it says. PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. PXE-MOF: EXITING PXE ROM. OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND
Related:

3 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Feb 9, 2015 at 06:08 AM
Changed Boot sequence to Hard Drive as primary boot option. No more issues.

Never delved into the Bios before?
For most PCs this is not difficult: As soon as you have pressed the power on button start tapping the F2 key, this will divert you to the Bios Set Up screen before the Windows start sequence begins. Once in Bios Set Up select the Boot Sequence tab, normally accessed using Left/Right Arrow keys.
Once there check whether Hard Drive is on Top of the Boot List (if it is already then sorry but this isn't going to work for you).

The method for changing the Boot Sequence varies depending upon model and manufacturer but there will be clues given at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes it's arrow keys, sometimes +/- keys. Sometimes you can just move Hard Drive to the top, (sometimes you end up having to move everything else down, one by one).

If it seems wrong, you get spooked, or just aren't too sure just "Exit Without Saving" and Bios will pretend you were never ever in there.
nicolekidd Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2015
Feb 9, 2015 at 06:13 AM
--Thank you so much i will be checking that out i will be sure to let you know fhe outcome.
Mrs. Kidd
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Feb 9, 2015 at 06:45 AM
sure Mrs.kidd share you valuable comments.... if it works it may help someone who search in kioskea forum community///
Blocked Profile
Feb 9, 2015 at 09:01 AM
OK, well the first thing you need to do, is make certain that all of your HARDWARE is certified for Windows 8. More than likely it is not, and therefore you can change the BIOS all that you wish, and it will not make a difference.

@comptertech - You must first find out if the hardware meets all of the requirements. ANYTHING CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED IF YOU KNOW THE REQUIREMENTS! Let me know if I need to let you in on the rocket science story!