-
Registration date
Saturday January 17, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 30, 2021
-
Hi guys and gals,

A weird problem for you. Any ideas are more than welcome!

I have 2 wireless networks - SSID1 and SSID2.

I can connect to SSID1 without any problem at all, thus proving the Windows 7 based laptop and network card work.

I cannot connect to SSID2 on this laptop. However, other devices can without issue, thus proving the router is working.

I hear you shouting check the SSID is entered correctly - it is.
Now you are saying "Check your password and do you know it is case sensitive" - I know its correct in every way - I set up the other devices and the router password.
"Ah," you say, "Then how about the encryption type?" - Yes both router and the laptop are set to WPA2 Personal (as are the other devices).
"Only one thing left - the authentication method" - sadly no - all are set to TKIP

I have deleted the network connection, I have then tried to set up the connection by letting Windows 7 find the details with the Connect To A Network "link" and by setting it up manually.

A wired connection to the router works without problems.

The connection fails with a message:

Windows cannot connect to "SSID2"
Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues :o)

1 reply

Registration date
Status
Last seen
September 30, 2021
This was due to MAC address filtering. Somehow the router had singled out the machine and added its MAC address to the blocked users list.

... or did I have a senior moment and do it myself?

Anyway, its all sorted now. Thanks if anyone saw this and was thinking about it, and sorry to waste your time.

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues :o)
Registration date
Monday October 19, 2015
Status
Last seen
October 19, 2015

mine has failed ... i really cannot figure why ..BTW what r the hot keys relating to wireless internet

THANKS A LOT
BEST REGARDS
Registration date
Status
Last seen
September 30, 2021
Hi Xghajra,

It would be best for you to raise a new thread for this as more people who can help will see it.

Also, you dont mention your machine make and model - some use one set of keys, others use a different set of keys, and some have a manual switch on the case somewhere.

Good luck.

Also, I just saw your new thread - I have edited my post after seeing it. I'm surprised it is still active as it was very abrupt and could have been seen as rude.