Removed programs but hardrive space unchanged

Solved/Closed
Benn Klingon - Mar 19, 2009 at 10:50 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 20, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Hello,

I recently got an old laptop. I unistalled all the programs I wasnt going to use to free up the limited hardrive space (20gb). I uninstalled a 4gb (or so) adobe program. after uninstalling that program i checked to see how much space i had freed up.. but the free/used memory ratio on the hardrive was unchanged (from what it had been prior to removing the program). i went back to 'add or remove programs' and the adobe program was gone.. i've actually had this problem happen on other computers, but they had soo much hd memory that i wasnt particularly worried about rectifying the issue.

So anybody know what this is about and/or how to recovery the memory?

hopefully this is a proper forum to post this - sorry if it isnt
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 20, 2009 at 10:40 AM
You must remove the deleted files from the "Recycle Bin" before the space will be recovered.
if you are asking to recover the program you uninstalled back then go to -start-all programs- accessories-system tools- system restore- Then put the date before that you removed the program hope this is what your were asking for if not please expand your question.