Sony Vaio S series not turning on

Closed
Wahid - Feb 18, 2015 at 08:00 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Feb 24, 2015 at 03:12 AM
Hello Everyone, I'm having trouble with my Sony Vaio S series laptop.
Recently, I opened up to fix the sound. However, now it doesn't turn on at all.
It can receive charge. I noticed two ribbon cables, a brown and a white one. I noticed the brown is in charge of the charging. But I am not too sure about the white one. Everything seems to be in place and put in properly. Any suggestions or more information? please let me know. Thank you.

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 19, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Hello Wahid,

I think the cable you are seeing is the LCD cable that goes to the laptop's inverter. My recommendation is to leave the things that are working on their places which they originally were. :)
Are you sure you haven't mixed up the cables or their places?
You have to check the slots and the power supply again because if there's no light at all, probably the problem can be found on your power supply, faulty mother board or hard drive.
What were your plans to fix the sound when opening the laptop? May be there's a software way to be fixed? Have you tried to update the driver first?

KY_WD
Hey KY_WD, thanks for the reply.
I thought the cable was meant for the keyboard. I press the power button and nothing happens, so I thought maybe the keyboard is having issues.
I was following a youtube video to help me called "Sony Vaio S15 Disassembly and ODD Replacement Tutorial" Can't provide link because site is not letting me
I'm sure I haven't switched up the cables. A orange light shows up when I plug in the charger to the laptop, indicating that it is receiving charge. The sound drive was updated, everything was in check but the sound wasn't working. So I decided to have a look if anything seemed off. Everything looked fine, closed it up and now it does not want to turn on at all, no green light to show it turning on, no booting up sound. nothing. Thank you again KY_WD.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Wahid
Feb 20, 2015 at 03:27 AM
Hello again,

I'm a little bit concerned about any component of had been damaged while opening the laptop case.
I searched for the tutorial you mentioned because I'm not familiar with the Vaio's components and in youtube I was able to find something. I guess you were right for the white cable. :)
The weird thing is that nothing lights up when you start your laptop. I wonder how the problem with the sound card would affect the whole motherboard. If the problem is hidden within the South Bridge it could give me some clue, but I'm only guessing right now.
I think, what you should do is to bring it to a technician to make professional tests and not rely on the guessings only. :)

Good luck!

KY_WD
WahidXD Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 19, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2015 1 > KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017  
Feb 21, 2015 at 02:54 PM
Hello, its me Wahid. I decided to make an account.
I'm willing to take guesses, this will help me in the future.
If all fails then I'll go to the technician. Thank you once again!
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 24, 2015 at 03:12 AM
Hey Wahid, :)

I think it will be better to bring it now to the technician instead of br??king it down of pieces. :)
Come here afterwards to share what has he/she told you.

Best of luck.:)

KY_WD