Please help me in Os installation

Closed
Pzychii Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday February 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 26, 2015 - Feb 24, 2015 at 12:50 PM
Pzychii Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday February 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 26, 2015 - Feb 25, 2015 at 12:59 AM
My friend told me to help him reformat his pc coz he forget the password .The os is windows xp. The harddisk is fine and functioning well. When I tried to reformat it and I put the os cd already and booted it up, It wont continue and it says no harddisk detected(before I tried to reformat it, it loads until choose user screen). So I brought my own harddisk (already have os inside windows xp) the computer wont load the system. Ive tried 2 different harddisk with os intalled already but still it loads only the windows xp loading screen and suddenly restarts. But if I try his harddisk it will continue to load until the choose user screen. Is it possible that the motherboard restricts any other OS and harddisk? I dont know the name of the motherboard but I attached the picture of it. Im thinking maybe theres something I need to change inorder to install new kind of os . Please help me . The computer is old but its still usable. Its cpu is celeron d only and supports ide harddisk only
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 24, 2015 at 02:44 PM
Perhaps the disk drives are too large and are not compatible with the BIOS/Motherboard.
Pzychii Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday February 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 26, 2015
Feb 25, 2015 at 12:59 AM
His harddisk and my harddisk has thesame capacity, the bios restrict any other os or harddisk?