Router keeps droping comnection

Closed
emanuel73 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 25, 2015 - Feb 25, 2015 at 04:29 AM
TimBenfield Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2015 - Mar 7, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Hello,
I need help please , i got a linksys wrt45g and it drops connectio non all my devices including my wired desktop connected with the eithernet cable every few minutes sometimes 30 min sometimes 1 hour sometimes the next day and the only way ill get the connection back is by disconnecting both the modem and the wifi router and it gets annoying help please I've tryed resetting the router and everything

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 25, 2015 at 01:09 PM
The next step is to buy a new router.
TimBenfield Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2015
Mar 7, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Poor network strength and unpredictable performance has become one of the most common concerns for most of people using home based routers. It does not mean at all that you have bought the worst quality of router or it is malfunctioning due to some physical malfunctioning but in most of the cases it is just because of incompatible router configuration.

Make sure your router is properly configured and fully accompanies with the router setting as required by your internet service provider. In order to review your router's current configuration; try logging in its admin panel. You can easily access your router's admin panel by entering its default address for example 192.168.0.1.

If you think everything is perfect and you are using the best settings, opt for the following options;

- Reboot or Reset your router once.
- Contact your ISP and ask them for additional help and support.
- Reinstall the device drivers for your router.
- Make sure all of the connecting cables are fully functional.

If you still experience such inconvenience then you might be a victim of any anonymous user who has access to your router or its admin panel or consuming a high volume of your internet bandwidth due to which your device is forcefully pulled out of the wifi Network.

Here arrives another way of troubleshooting this concern by resetting the entire admin credentials for your personal wifi network and filtering unknown MAC Addresses from the network.

If you have also gone through the providing guideline for filtering unknown MAC Addresses from your home network then its time to purchase a new router. Here is a list of some of the best quality routers from the World's most leading brand;