Messenger 2009 won't open email link

Solved/Closed
Jaguar - Mar 21, 2009 at 07:06 PM
 andyc - Apr 29, 2013 at 03:52 AM
Hello, I have tried to find the answer in the forum but so far no luck.
Firstly Microsoft FORCES you to install the latest version of Messenger. I was using 8.5 with no trouble and had to upgrade to Messanger 2009. What a mistake that was!
All installed fine, and if can used just as before, however, the link to email inbox does not open the IE browser as it used to. Nothing happens at all. Even if I already have IE open, it still won't go to the Hotmail Inbox.
Similarly, when people are offline, you should be able to "send other" - "email", and this also then opens the Hotmail New Message in IE. This doesn't work either, and there are other weblinks which don't work.
This is a pest because I have to check Hotmail directly from the Hotmail page instead of just clicking on the Messenger link. A backward step? Or am I amissing something.
WORSE - I thought, oh well, I'll reinsntall 2009 and go back to 8.5. SORRYYYYYY --- "There is a newer version of Messenger available and you MUST instal it to continue" -- "Do you wish to install it now?" If you click NO, then you cannot do anything! BLACKMAIL - forces you to install 2009 which doesn't work!!!
What is the solution pleeeeeeeeeeeeese!?
Related:

22 responses

my hot_email not opeen
lestuce Posts 12 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009
Mar 22, 2009 at 06:32 AM
hi,
try to do a system restore to solve your problem.
or you may uninstall the messenger 2009 and then try to install a previous version.
Hi - I don't understand why System Restore would fix a glitch in Messanger sorry. I Uninstalled 2009 and cleverly thought I would go back to 8.5. Sorryyyyy ===== as soon as you open it, it says "There is a later version of Messanger now available and you MUST upgrade to continue!" --- "Do you wish to install now? Yes/No?" If you click on NO, you cannot run 8.5 or do anything else. This is blackmail. Any suggestions, anyone?
thanx man it works :D
me dice cuando ejecuto regsvr32 mshtml.dll" que se descargo pero no se pudo registrar no encontro el Dllregistrer server ? espero me pueda ayudar
gracias