My USB wont show up, Device properties: No Drivers are installed

Closed
OZ7O Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 31, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2015 - Mar 31, 2015 at 03:06 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Apr 1, 2015 at 01:12 AM
I had to do something for school and I ended up putting my USB flash into lots of different PC's because they all showed different things (one didn't show anything, another showed the USB with only a shortcut to that same USB in it, the third PC could open the USB but not folders in it) and when I came home I saw that my PC won't recognize it at all anymore, I checked the device properties and it says: "No drivers are installed for this device."
I have no idea how to fix it, I tried going through the troubleshoot thing but it didn't help.
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Apr 1, 2015 at 01:12 AM
There are all types of reasons USB ports may stop working. Here is one article from Microsoft which provides steps in correcting an issue where an usually rapid insertion/removal, and then insert/remove of USB connector can cause the port to shut down.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/817900/usb-port-may-stop-working-after-you-remove-or-insert-a-usb-device

Please remember to post information about your system, such as the manufactuer, hardware configurations, what you were doing when the error occurred, and any troubleshooting steps already taken. This information aids us in providing the best answers possible. Some troubleshooting steps depend upon which OS and SP is running on the system. If this article does not help, click on "Solution Centers" at the top of the page, select your system, and then type in a query of your problem to receive relevent results.