WINDOWS XP OS Download

Closed
RyanNorr Posts 3 Registration date Sunday March 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2009 - Mar 23, 2009 at 06:00 PM
 akash - Sep 1, 2010 at 06:14 AM
Ok, so im just a kid who knows a little bit about computers but here is my problem.

My moms pretty old Gateway Desktop is gettin really slow these days and i was trying to re-format or re-download Windows XP onto the computer so it worked just like the day we bought it, but the CD-ROM is broken so i cant insert the OS cd into the computer.
is there any other ways to download the OS CD so i dont have to buy a new CD-ROM??

Thank you Very much.
Ryan.
Related:

3 responses

I am not that great at this but here goes, first I would delete all the junk files and stored internet files off your hard drive by using CCleaner and I believe you can Google it and get it quickly through your search. CCleaner is free ware.

If you don't want to go that route you can use Windows Accessories, then go to System Tools, then to Disk Clean-up and then Disk Defragmenter. If that does not speed it up then I suggest a program called SpeedItUpforFree.com It is a little program that will re-organize your hard drive - it takes maybe 10 minutes but it is worth it.

You can delete off all old programs that are not needed that eat up hard disk space. Also, If you have had many electrical shut offs without properly shutting down - this can build up over the years and bits and bytes need to be deleted.

I would never start from scratch and re-input the disks if at all possible as this is unnecessary.

I have free Avast.com virus protection and free Ad-Aware by Lavasoft.com - which gets rid of spyware. That is it in a nutshell. Many downloads are free if you know where to look.
RyanNorr Posts 3 Registration date Sunday March 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2009 1
Mar 23, 2009 at 08:13 PM
hey man thanks, ill give it a try.
download it from net