Acer x1700 and Windows XP

Closed
Chiza007 Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2009 - Mar 23, 2009 at 10:29 PM
 jayvee - Jan 4, 2010 at 07:12 PM
Hello,
After about 8 hours of dealing with this problem I do not know where to turn. Got my acer x1700 today and tried to install windows XP Pro but it will not work. E:\I386\asms\1000\MSFT\WINDOWS\GDIPLUS\GDIPLUS.MAN is the error I keep getting and after doing some research it says can be caused from bad or scratched cd. I've used this cd to install XP before and tried it over and over probably at least 50 times, but get same error every time. First thing I did was go into BIOS and changed my harddrive type from SATA to Native IDE which you have to do to start installing XP. After that I formatted the harddrive in NTFS and started installing XP. It does not get far at all before I get the message above. I tried another XP disc that doesnt have SP2 it is the first XP but that instantly gives me the same error. Thinking about taking machine to PC repair ppl with my discs and seeing if they can do something because I cant take it anymore.
Related:

2 responses

hi there

I have read some reviews that said the X1700 was NOT xp compatible ill reaserch abit more and get back to you
hi there =)

can u pls help me bout my acer x1700 with regards to the sounds i already tried downloading from there website but i couldnt get any solutions bout this..hope u could help me find the correct driver for the sounds. i downgraded my o.s. from vista to xp.many thanks...