Virus problem

Closed
Yemeda816 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2009 - Mar 23, 2009 at 06:43 PM
Yemeda816 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2009 - Mar 23, 2009 at 07:25 PM
Hello,
Kioskea.net community i need help with a computer i'm fixing. I reformatted it because when i first started it up it said "this disk may have a virus", and every time i let it go to desktop it would load up and then freeze while the screen was doing something weird. So i got a windows xp service pack 2 disk and reformatted. But when i was going to install windows again it stops. So i got a windows 98 boot diskette and erased the partition and tried reformatting it again and now when i go to install windows it still freezes someone please help me pleaseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related:

2 responses

1st of all a virus get initiated when windows starts so you have to install windows before windows starts virus exe file which will be added to your startup location in registry during infection,just take a win xp bootable cd and install,format your windows installation drive,before that check if a file named autorun.inf is copied to each of your drive if it is there delete them make sure they dont show up again,else after installation of windows do not click on drives if autorun.inf is there after installation instead go to start->run->type cmd press enter
type del drivename:\autorun.inf they will not show up if windows is freshly installed and u should not click any of the drive after deleting reboot and use
enjoy
Yemeda816 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 23, 2009
Mar 23, 2009 at 07:25 PM
the thing is that it won't run long enough without freezing
you have to install during bootup,make your cd/dvd rom 1st bootable device in bios ,insert win xp cd restart system follow instructions thats it,and keep track of instruction stated in last post to avoid infection again