Monitor shuts off but everything else keeps working

Closed
PotatoGhost Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 17, 2015 - Apr 17, 2015 at 03:44 PM
 abc - May 28, 2015 at 09:33 AM
Hey i have this problem when like i downloaded prototype cus i wanted to play and i play for like 5 min and my monitor shuts off but everything works properly.I had this problem in the past when i thought that the problem was overheating but im not sure. It might even be the monitor cus like 2 years ago my window suddenly oppened and it hit my monitor and then smoke came out of it and im like what just happend (it was realy windy that day :/ ). So i think that thats the problem i dont realy know. Can someone pls help fix this like on my own or should i go and fix it at a pc shop or something.
Before the "accident" that i had with the monitor it didnt shut down and when i start the pc the fan that is under the big box that is for the power and something it doesnt spin so i have to give it like a push or something to get it to spin so i dont know why is that i cleaned it and got the box out removed all the screws and i cleanead it but it still does that so what should i do. Pls can someone help me fix this :D :D
P.S. The monitor shuts down after like 5+ hours of the pc being on and like 10 min if i play some games (i play minecraft so on mc it lasts like 2 maybe 3 hours)
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Apr 20, 2015 at 02:47 AM
Hi PotatoGhost,

I believe the fan you are describing is the PSU fan and if it is not working properly, this could lead to PSU failure. I strongly recommend you to have it checked, because a PSU failure may lead to other problems. If the fan is not working properly, your PC may be shutting down because of overheating. Check your system's temperature. Starting a game may require additional PC resources, which normally rises up the overall temperature. Usually the cooling fans can handle this. If they can not, the PC shuts down to preserve itself.

Hope this helps
monitor shut off what to do