Acer Laptop Freezes in startup

Closed
che - Apr 20, 2015 at 05:43 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Apr 21, 2015 at 05:24 AM
Hello, I am Rochelle my Acer Laptop freezes in start up. what should I do then, I already tried to unplug the power supply and remove the battery then plug the power supply and turn it on, but still the outcome is still the same. It freezes. I could not able to manage the msconfig start up to remove the unnecessary applications because I cannot login. I hope you can Help me, please.

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Apr 21, 2015 at 05:24 AM
Hi Rochelle,

Could tell me in which moment does the laptop freeze? Is it when you see the manufacturer's logo or somewhere around the Windows logo. Is it possible to enter BIOS? Have you tried entering in Safe Mode or using the Last Known Good Configuration? Both should be optional in the Advanced Boot Menu ( F8 on start up). If you can enter BIOS, try restoring it to it's default settings. If your laptop has some warranty left, I would recommend you to contact the reseller.
If the warranty has expired and you can not enter BIOS, check the laptop's manual and see if the CMOS battery could be easily reached and removed. Removing it for a couple of seconds will reset BIOS. Plug it back in and try again.

Hope this helps