Laptop will not display on external monitor.

Closed
moorediggity - Apr 21, 2015 at 06:57 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 21, 2015 at 07:53 PM
I have a HP Envy 360 and am having difficulty getting the external monitor to connect to my PC. If I boot the PC with the monitor connected the display will load to the external display but my laptop will go blank. The only way to get the monitor on my laptop to work will be to close the PC and open it again with the external monitor disconnected. If I boot the PC without the monitor connected the external monitor will not display. I have checked the screen resolution settings and it does not appear to detect the monitor that is not connected. I have attempted FN + F8, this does not resolve the issue. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thank you.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,825
Apr 21, 2015 at 07:53 PM
In the control panel there should be an Intel icon that you can use to control the behavior of the external monitor . You should select the "clone" option.

Good luck