Exam layout help

Solved/Closed
Dibble Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2016 - Apr 24, 2015 at 04:51 PM
addseo1115 Posts 3 Registration date Friday April 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 4, 2015 - May 1, 2015 at 06:12 AM
Hello,
I want to display a classroom layout on sheet 2 using a list of names from sheet 1

I'm sure it's possible, I just don't know where to start?

I have a list of names on sheet 1 (Excel) I want to place these names in boxes laid out on sheet 2.

Once printed, the list of names will change and a second classroom layout needs to be printed.

Hope that makes sense??

Thanks

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 24, 2015 at 05:00 PM
When do you want this action to be triggered? Do the names always go to the same spot, or is there some qualifier to move it?
Dibble Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2016
Apr 24, 2015 at 06:12 PM
Hi ac3mark, Each time it is used, it is a one use only. I get a list of names of exam entrants, what I need to do is transfer these in order to a second sheet laid out as the class room. I can send you a print of the layout and the initial list so that you can see what I want to achieve if you like??
The final bit is to print out the second sheet to show the positions of each entrant.

Once that is done, I start over again with a new list of entrants and their position print out.

I hope that makes sense to you?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

P.S. If you know of a simpler method, that would be even better.

Cheers.
Blocked Profile
Apr 27, 2015 at 05:25 PM
yes, post a screen shot of the spreadsheet layout. I will take a look at it.
Birchendale > Blocked Profile
Apr 28, 2015 at 01:27 PM
Hi, I think I might have sorted out a working version of what I wanted. It might not be very pretty and elegant but it seems to work. I could email you the Excel file if you think it would help. Not sure if we are supposed to give email adresses??
Birchendale > Birchendale
Apr 28, 2015 at 02:22 PM
Hi Again, I just had an email which I didn't really understand, I await a reply from ac3mark to see if he has a more elegant solution to the problem. I really don't know yet if the problem is solved or not.
Blocked Profile
Apr 30, 2015 at 08:27 PM
We will never send an email for a solution.as the point is to share our knowledge, and how is an email supposed to be published?

With that said, I am certain any solution can be explained, and not emailed!

I have marked your question as UNSOLVED.