The Acer laptop keyboard is available in various keyboard layouts to support multiple languages such as English, French, and more.
A problem with the keyboard language may occur if it is not configured for the required language and it may show a strange character instead of the intended letter or symbol. Luckily, users will have no such problems once the keyboard layout is correctly configured for their language and we will show you how to do so in this article.
How to change the keyboard language on an Acer laptop?
Follow these steps to resolve any keyboard language problems:
- Click on Start > RUN
- Type intl.cpl in the Run box, and then press ENTER
- Click on the Languages tab
- Click the Details button
- In the Settings tab, under the Installed Services section, click the Add button
- In the Input language list, click the language that you want; English (United States) [or English (Canada)]
- In the Keyboard layout/IME list, click United States-International, and then click OK
- In the Settings tab, under the Default input language section, change the language to English (United States) - United States-International [or English (Canada) - United States-International]
- Click the Apply button and then the OK button
- In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click the OK button to close the dialog box
- Notice that the Language bar appears on the taskbar. When you position the mouse pointer over it, a ToolTip appears that describes the active keyboard layout; English (United States) appears [or English (Canada)]
- And don't forget to toggle the settings on your taskbar on the bottom right of the screen