Pen drive is not working

Closed
chandanmanchanda Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday April 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2015 - Apr 28, 2015 at 11:58 PM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Apr 29, 2015 at 08:57 AM
i hv a hp 2 gb pen drive. computer is detecting a device bt nt showing . wen i click on removable disk it asks 4 formating bt formating is also nt done even by experts. kindly suggest me. My important research work is in that pen drive.
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Apr 29, 2015 at 08:57 AM
Hey there, chandanmanchanda.

You shouldn't try to format the USB flash drive, before you try to recover the data from it, especially if the files are valuable to you. I'd recommend that you try the USB flash drive with another computer to see if the same thing happens.
For data recovery you could try to access the pen drive via Linux Live CD/USB, to see if it's properly recognized and if you can retrieve the data, or try some of the data recovery options from this thread: https://www.tomshardware.com/
If you manage to recover the data I'd recommend that you try some of the formatting tools, which some manufacturers offer for their USB flash drives and memory cards, to see if that works for you.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative