Cannot access internet

Closed
Ashley - May 2, 2015 at 09:46 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 2, 2015 at 12:51 PM
Hello,

I cannot seem to access my wireless connection. My USB adapter was fine a week ago and it was new to replace another one. I came back home after a week and I cannot seem to connect. I have the ? symbol for my connection and troubleshooting it had no problems. Based on other threads I worked through the commands of ipconfig and resetted connections and restarted but it doesn't work.

My tunnel adapter says media disconnected so I think that's the issue. I'm not really sure.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
May 2, 2015 at 12:51 PM
did you try this:

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Did you contact Verizon to check the connection?

Did you power cycle the Modem and/or Router? Pull the power plugs on the router and then the modem. Leave them disconnected for 1 minute. Remove the signal cable between the modem and router. Then reconnect the modem and let it fully boot and become stable. Then connect router to the modem. Then connect the power to the router.