Windows 8.1 Limited Connection

Closed
littleblackwing - May 3, 2015 at 02:25 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 3, 2015 at 01:28 PM
Hello,
Our family has 3 Windows laptops, 2 8.1 and the other 7 which cannot use our home Wi-Fi. We can connect to the Wi-Fi network, but on attempt to access the Internet it refuses to connect and displays that the network is "Limited" or has "no access to the Internet." I have not had this problem outside of our house and have used multiple Wi-Fi connections. We have a MacBook and several iPhones all connecting to the network fine, also, and if a direct cable is used each computer can connect to the Internet without a problem. I would very much appreciate help with this as I am falling behind in school due to lack of access.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 3, 2015 at 01:28 PM
Perhaps you can correct this problem by power cycling the router. Just pull the power adapter cable out of the router and wait 60 seconds before you plug it back in.

If the above doesn't work I suggest you use the reset switch on the back of the router to reset it to its factory defaults. You will then need to use a PC connected by wire to change the password and SSID.

The last option would be to replace the router.

Good luck