Installing application on windows 7

Closed
rdiazp028 Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2015 - May 8, 2015 at 02:49 PM
rdiazp028 Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2015 - May 8, 2015 at 03:52 PM
when any software application installation is completed, the process displays a final error message "interface not supported"
I have tested on different software applications downloaded

Could anybody help me how to get a good diagnostic and run a correction procedure on win 7 32 bits

Thank you in advance
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
May 8, 2015 at 03:39 PM
Hi rdiazp028,

Are you sure the applications are 32 bit applications and not 64 bit ones?

Do an antivirus scan. Some viruses can cause this.

Whilst on the antivirus track, try installing the software with the antivirus TEMPORARILY disabled. Occationally anti-viruses see new installations as suspect and wont let them complete.

Sometimes repairing or uninstalling/reinstalling Microsoft office might help with this issue. Try the repair first in case you cant reinstall office after uninstalling it.

Also, if you are trying to install older software, then Windows 7 might not support it - try installing under compatibility mode ...

1) Right-click the installation file and select `Properties'.
2) Click the `Compatibility' tab.
3) Check the box next to `Run this program in compatibility mode for' and select `Windows x' from the drop-down menu Where x is an earlier version of windows)
4) Click `Apply'.
5) Run the installation as normal.

It might also be worth performing a Windows Update as well.

Hope this helps.
rdiazp028 Posts 3 Registration date Friday May 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2015
May 8, 2015 at 03:52 PM
I appreciate all your kind support. I'll try your solution recommendations