Computer shutting down after few minutes

Closed
FelixLudi - May 9, 2015 at 04:27 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - May 11, 2015 at 02:56 AM
Hi,
I have a computer thats currently off (Im on the laptop) and that computer is shutting down after few minutes of being up, I thought that it was the heat, so I was doing/did this; -I opened a computer and left it that way so it could "chill" and not get overheated because its under the table and its kind of a box, -If it ever turned off I would remove the CPU fan and put it on the window for about 10-15 minutes for it to be cold and then it would work. Im here because that, isnt working anymore (the window thing) so I need some help.

Here are the computer specs and all that.

CPU = Intel Pentium 4, 2.76 (3) GHz
RAM [Socket No.1] = CORSAIR CMX512 - 3200C2, XMS3202 v 5.2, 512MB 400 MHz CL2> "Golden" nodes perfectly fine except they are a little dark-ish.
RAM [Socket No.2] = JetRam J12D3ATL - 5L T0627M, 512MB DDR 400 3-3-3> 2 Golden nodes are burned and 1 is particially burned.
RAM [Socket No.3] = Empty
RAM [Socket No.4] = Kingston KTC - PR266/1G 2.5V, Alot of sh+t and then the Assy in China.> Golden nodes perfectly fine.
(For more information contact me)

My opinions are;
- The "JetRam" is causing the problem because of the burned parts.
- The power managment box (Idk the real name of it) cant power everything so it shuts down.
- The CPU is overheating because the CPU fan doesnt go on when computer does so I need to use a special program called SpeedFan to power it on, either way same thing happens > Computer shuts down
- Virus :$ ?

Please help as fast as you can, thanks!

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
May 11, 2015 at 02:56 AM
Hi FelixLudi,

Have you checked the PC temperature before it turns off? To be honest, all your suggestions seem likely to me. I would not say it is a software/virus issue. Use Memory Diagnostic Tool to check the RAM's condition. I would say that the main issue comes from the CPU fan. It should be working automatically. Apply some thermal paste if needed. Remove the RAM No.2 and try the PC without it.
I would go for a PSU check if all other components are checked and working properly.

Hope this helps

WD Representative