Laptop constantly rebooting

Closed
cheekerbean Posts 1 Registration date Monday May 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2015 - May 11, 2015 at 10:30 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - May 20, 2015 at 09:20 AM
Hello,
I have an older alienware laptop (from 2008) that is now stuck in a constant loop of rebooting itself. It stays on for only a few seconds then reboots. I have tried removing the battery and using just the power cord and it does the same thing. I've switched the slots the RAM sticks are in. Still nothing.
As a note, before this happened a wire has come loose on that laptop (the hinges have been broken for some time). I have included pictures of the two wires. The first picture is the unbroken connection area and the second is the one that is broken (the silver piece comes out of the slot)
Thanks!

Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
May 20, 2015 at 09:20 AM
Hi Cheekerbean,

We need to do a bit of detective work before we can fix this one ...

When it boots try hitting the [f8] button to get to the Advanced Boot menu.
Using the arrow keys choose "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure" and press the [Enter] key.
It will restart and then probably give you a blue screen. From this take the code (usually towards the bottom of the screen) which is in the form of 0x******** (**********, *******,******)
I need that code and the text from the first 3 lines on the page.

Lets investigate this together and see what we can find.