Left click not working or clicks wrong link

Closed
TJ - May 17, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - May 18, 2015 at 06:51 AM
Hope someone can help me. Lately, when I'm surfing the net and left click a link for example, it does nothing but if I right click and choose 'open' from the drop-down list, the link opens. Another thing is that sometimes if I left click something on a page, it will open a link on a totally different area of the screen. For example, on Facebook, if I click a photo, it might open a link to an advertisement on the same screen but not the area I left clicked. Often when I hover the pointer over a link, I get the 'grab-hand' mouse pointer instead of the finger-pointing mouse pointer.

I ran a virus check and got nothing back. Any suggestions ? PS.... It's an ASUS laptop with a Logitech wireless mouse. It does the same thing regardless of whether I'm using the mouse to click or use the laptop touch pad buttons.

Thanks !
TJ
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
May 18, 2015 at 06:51 AM
Hello TJ,
what about using in safe mode?