IPod dead, any ideas?

Closed
thatdumbkid Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2015 - Jun 8, 2015 at 08:57 PM
thatdumbkid Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2015 - Jun 8, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Hello,

So my iPod was soaked with cologne a long time ago. But it worked after that just fine, except that the screen was a little.. blue. Regardless it worked! Anyway, it goes missing for probably a year. A month ago I found it inside the couch I swear I'd searched a million times. Anyway, it was obviously dead. I plugged the guy into a usb-wall-plug-in-port-thingy and it would turn on with the apple logo then die, and repeat this process continually. Apple logo comes on for a few seconds then turns off. When I press the top button and the home button simultaneously it goes black. Nothing will happen until I let go. Then it goes back to it's routine. But after trying to do this for 15 seconds straight I got it to say plug into iTunes for a split second. So I tried plugging it into my laptop but it won't even turn on like it will with the port. I've kept it plugged into the port for days to see if it would spark something but it just repeats it's process constantly. I've held down the home and top button simultaneously for at least 6 minutes without stopping and nothing. The only apparent damage is that the home button seems to have kind of fallen out of place. You can literally move the little button around under the actually shell of the iPod. This is an iPod touch 5. If anyone has anymore ideas, please let me know. Thanks for reading.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 8, 2015 at 09:43 PM
It needs to charge for a few hours before you try to start it again.
thatdumbkid Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2015
Jun 8, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Well I've left it to charge for a few days before, but still to no avail. It just continues to turn on and off.