Monitor Not Receiving Signal From PC

Closed
bsimon8 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2015 - Jun 13, 2015 at 09:51 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jun 15, 2015 at 03:07 AM
I built a PC in December mainly for gaming and havent used it for about a couple weeks because I've been busy with life. Recently when I turned it on, both of my monitors did not receive a signal. Im quite certain that it isn't the cable to the monitor because both of them stopped working at the same time.

I've had some problems in the past of my computer releasing a loud noise through my headphones or the speakers and everything would freeze and I had to restart to continue gaming. I'm unsure if this is related to it but I did a stress test about two months ago and my computer didn't freeze so I don't think it is the motherboard or CPU. It might be the graphics card but I dont know for sure.

I researched this problem yesterday and took apart my computer and put it together to clean it and nothing happened. I cleared the CMOS, which I dont know what that it and probably should have looked at what it does before I did it but it was recommended as an option and it did nothing.

Please could someone help me get my computer running again, I would be very grateful.

My parts are:
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
CPU Fan: Cooler Master 212 Hyper Evo
Ram: Gskils 16gb (2x8)
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD
West Digital 2tb Hard Drive
Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX970 Superclocked 4GB
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97
Case: Corsair Carbide 400R
Power Supply: Cooler Master Vanguard 750w
Extra fans: 2x Corsairs 120mm fans
Monitors: 2x BenQ RL2455HM 24" 1ms
Operating System: Windows 8.1
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jun 15, 2015 at 03:07 AM
Hi bsimon8,

Are you sure your PC is turning on? Do you hear the initial beep sound? You are right, that this could be video card related issue and I would confirm it by testing your monitors. You should be 100% sure they work well when connected to other PC. The next thing I would check is the RAM memory. Try using Memory Diagnostic Tool. You have done good job, clearing the CMOS. What it does is resetting your BIOS to its default settings. If I were you, I would search for a BIOS update on the motherboard manufacturer's web page.

Hope this helps.