My laptop doesn't start/ reboot or respond at all

Closed
Maha - Jun 20, 2015 at 04:23 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jun 25, 2015 at 05:33 AM
Hello,
Please I need help with this seriously, My laptop is not working at all, when I first open it, It opens in black screen asking me two options and when pressing the two of them separately, nothing works at all, when I choose to start it normally. It shuts down after a short while, I have tried F8, F10 tricks for more advanced options, nothing works at all and I end up with sudden close...
I have received blue screen message, black one, I have tried to remove battery, and with the battery too I couldn't go anywhere. I can't fully understand options because the language is French.

PLEASE HELP ME!! any advice will be much appreciated. I need my laptop back.
Related:

6 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jun 23, 2015 at 08:37 AM
Hello Maha,

Can you hear any fan of your laptop spinning up?
To make picture of your screen or write down the exact message in french that you see on the display is crucial. Please, upload a pic in order to be able to help you better. What type of errors are showing the other BSODs?
You could try opening your laptop, pulling out the hard drive and after that connecting it as an external via SATA-USB cable. If it is spinning and it is being recognized on the other PC, then the problem is with your motherboard of the laptop and/or the power supply going to the disk.
If it doesn't, then it's probably a faulty drive that needs replacement.

Hope this helps.

KY_WD
Hello,
I hear the fan spinning always and it heats up the whole PC which prevents me from doing the long processes, however, My motherboard is brand new, I get the blue screen of death at the end of every process I do whether rebooting, safe mode and even starting normally.
For the processes of BSOD I tried to follow instructions but still shuts down after a while.
Can you kindly tell me the steps of removing the hardware stuff because I have read it's one of the steps to be done in my case.
I don't want to send to the administration and wish to fix it at home, any advice will be much appreciated.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Maha
Jun 24, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Hi again,

The instructions for opening your laptop should be in its user manual. There are many tutorials on the Internet also. If you have any option for that, I would suggest you to make USB/CD in Linux and try to boot from it in order to be able to extract some data from your drive. For that purpose you have to change the boot order in your BIOS setting while pressing F2/F8/DEL button, whatever its necessary, during startup.
Like Ambucias said you should reinstall your operating system again.

Good luck with that.

KY_WD
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jun 23, 2015 at 05:17 PM
Hi

What is the complete message you are getting on the BSOD?
Hi, I can't read anything but I watched turorials and I know it's so far important through it how to fix the problem and its cause as well but it comes after any process I do, very quickly and then shuts down my laptop immediately.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jun 23, 2015 at 05:38 PM
Hello

You can't boot in safe or normal mode.

The bsod happens too fast for you to read it, hence we can't pinpoint the issue. These BSOD usually happen after a harrware or software addition which is incompatible or a virus.

Since you can't access anything, I suggest you try restoring to factory settings which is better than a dead laptop.

Good luck
It doesn't work too. the factory settings. I have lost all my data in order to get rid of a virus and now, It won't reboot or start, only this blue screen and then shuts down.
Can you please tell me the steps so I can give it one last chance.
Thanks indeed.
Jun 24, 2015 at 04:03 AM
You must try to reinstall you operating system

Sorry about your data
Tips please...

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jun 24, 2015 at 05:08 AM
You should have recovery disks or Windows disk which you must use. Insert the first disk, reboot your system and follow the prompts.

If you do not have the disks, you can order them from the laptop's manufacturer or consult a technician to see if he can resolved the blue screen issue.

Good luck
I think I'll go with the second option since I don't have the CD or else, wait for another reply.
But thank you so much, you were very helpful and active, much appreciated.
the resettlement tools are being launched
I get this message and it's open for couple hours, The USB process is not working here!
I can't get to Vaio care to reinstall nor restore anything.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jun 25, 2015 at 05:33 AM
Hi again,

What do you mean by don't having USB process? Can you enter the BIOS and change boot priority to USB?
If you can't and are unable to use CD ROM for booting from there, then I'm afraid you have to bring your laptop top to a technician to make the repair. You could also pull out the HDD from your laptop and connect it to another PC via SATA-USB cable, and try to low level format it on that PC.
After that you can try fresh install of an operating system.

KY_WD