Problem with keyboard key

Closed
Pjade Posts 3 Registration date Monday June 29, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2015 - Jun 30, 2015 at 01:37 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 30, 2015 at 06:47 AM
Several of my keyboard key wont work. when i type p it show *. help me.

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 30, 2015 at 06:47 AM
What about other keys?
Also with external keyboard?
There's a keyboard combination that switches languages (Ctrl-Alt which gets hit occasionally). There are two ways to turn it off:

Near the bottom right of the screen you have a keyboard icon (in the taskbar). Left-click and select US keyboard if it's set to another. This turns it off but it doesn't prevent the language from being switched again.

The permanent fix is to disable the key combination. There's two ways to do this. Right click on the keyboard icon and left click Settings. Select the "Advanced Key Settings" tab. Click the "Change Key Sequence" button and select "not assigned". Click OK a few times and you're done.

If you cannot locate the keyboard icon, the go to the Control Panel. Go to Regional and Language control panel. Select the keyboards and languages tab and click the change keyboards button. This takes you to the language settings described in step 2 above.