When i start my pc is getting shut down autom

Closed
SHRI - Mar 29, 2009 at 01:16 AM
milo_O Posts 13 Registration date Saturday January 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009 - Mar 29, 2009 at 08:27 AM
Hello Friends,

Processor : P4 2.8 Gz
Motherboard : Asus P5SD2
Ram : 2GB

Whenever i Switch On or Power ON my Computer, It boots and Displays Intel Pentium 4 (as usual) and after 2/3 minutes its automatically shut down and again when i starts or Power on my PC, it starts and shut down automatically after 2/3 minutes. Same thing is happning again n agian & also my CPU gets Hot at the same time.
Even i tried to check with my friend's cpu(Intel Dual Core) i puted this in my motherboard - same thing is happend after that i put this same cpu to my frnd's motherboard same thing started to happening... uffff its strange yaar..
Well Please tell me what may be the problem and how to resolve it..

Thanks & Regards,
SHRI
Related:

1 response

milo_O Posts 13 Registration date Saturday January 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009 16
Mar 29, 2009 at 08:27 AM
hi,
Normally, this occurs when the cpu overheats and shuts down as a precautionary measure.
it could be the heatsink isn't positioned correctly on the cpu.
Try clearing the CMOS and see if that helps to get the bios settings back to the factory settings.
If this does not help, then take the CPU/Heatsink out and redo the thermal paste and see if that helps