SaferWeb infection right in iexplore.exe

Closed
wslnelson - Jul 1, 2015 at 03:35 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 1, 2015 at 03:46 PM
Hello, I have a major problem with Internet Explore in my Vista I downloaded updates after restoring Vista to a new partition only to find not a virus but a major installed infection of Safer in both chinese and english script. They rebuilt iexplorer.exe and it is very sufisticated. I cann't contact microsoft without being blocked by their filter inside iexplore.exe (theirs). I can not load any other browser such as FireFox or Chrome without cross contamination. I tried moving iexplore.exe from another location but it will not run. Problem is you need to start a download replacement with the infected browser which will re-infect it or replace it; then re-infect the rest of the system.

Is there any way of getting internet explore (good one) to run indipendently without being installed or any browser that will install from an exe and not have to depend on i.e. for an upload or complete install?

It would also be nice if MS would stop supplying and completing installed infections with their updates. Would save me many days of my time, by that I mean I would not have to depend on a complete copy of my partition to protect myself from such master infections and system files that go corrupt before you get a chance to use the system.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 1, 2015 at 03:46 PM
This is a link to the latest removal instructions I can find:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-safer-web-virus/

Good Luck