Have I got a virus?

Closed
jackn3297 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 4, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 4, 2015 - Jul 4, 2015 at 11:59 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 4, 2015 at 05:04 PM
Hello,
My laptop has been running strangely lately, it's a Toshiba C50D running Windows 8.1.
Here's a list of my problems:

The control panel when I try to open it launches a blank window and does not register as a task in task manager and will not close, however I can access some control panel menus from windows+r

Internet explorer will stop responding within 30 seconds or if I click a weblink

I have no sound from my speakers and if I try to access the audio menu, it brings up a 'detecting problems' screen

I cannot create a recovery drive, or access the window update screen in windows settings-they both are stuck in a continuous loading screen

I cannot disable an unverified add-on for internet explorer called: SecureWebBHO Class

I'm trying to access a school remote desktop which needs an add-on to load but it's not listed on in my internet explorer add on list and I can only get to this screen from launching internet explorer without addons

Any ideas or help'd be appreciated
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jul 4, 2015 at 01:17 PM
You have so many problems that I recommend you do a factory restore.

Good Luck
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jul 4, 2015 at 05:04 PM
Hi

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a report.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :
https://nicolascoolman.eu
(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message, ignore it.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on Full.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

8. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).
Ambucias
Moderator and Virus/Security Contributor