My desktop wont start but power light are on

Closed
jona - Jul 14, 2015 at 05:11 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jul 14, 2015 at 10:23 AM
Hello,

please i was using my computer when it went off and after that i tried to reboot it but it wont power on. the power lights are on alright but nothing works. the power supply fan wont spin and also non of the fun in it spins. i removed the memory to see if i will get any beep but still nothing, i also tried different power supplies but still same results the power light is on but nothing works . is there anything i can do about this man. its an e-machine system unit
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jul 14, 2015 at 10:23 AM
Hello jona,

Can you, please tell me the configuration of your PC? What are the component models? Please, follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. Thoroughly read the motheboard manufacturer's manual
2. Check the CPU power connector
3. Check if the standoffs are correctly installed under the motherboard because one or many standoffs installed in the wrong place can cause a short and prevent the system from booting.
4. Verify that the video card is fully seated
5. Take a look at the power connector to the video card
6. If you have more than one RAM stick, try booting with only one and change slots if available
7. Check whether you have installed CPU correctly and removed the plastic guard if your PC is recently assembled
8. Check if there are any bent pins or any cable damaged.

Please come and share results.

KY_WD