Data not opening from Pendrive

Closed
INAKUM31 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday July 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 29, 2015 - Jul 28, 2015 at 03:34 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jul 29, 2015 at 06:38 AM
Hello,

I have a sony 8 GR pendrive, which is encrypted (Password Protected) by my company. Recently i have stored 4 gb photographs on it. However (I am able to see the space occupied on the pen drive is 4gb) but when I am trying to open the same. It is not opening and it says "the specified path does not exist Check the path and try again". I am able to open the primary folder but the content inside the folder are not opening the files description has changed to some thing like this ( ;ù?câ?.??l) and (????îÄ¢q.Ä1V) and like this their are many files.
Please help as this is of grave importance to me.

Also i tried dskchk, attrib and many other steps which is given on the forum, but no help. I am also attaching the snap shot of the pen drive. Plz help!!!

2 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jul 28, 2015 at 05:24 AM
It look like password protected.
Did you know your password?
INAKUM31 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday July 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 29, 2015
Jul 28, 2015 at 06:25 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the response, I know my password and I am able to open my pendrive. However the data in the pendrive is not opening , all the files have converted to a unreadable language language
I have already attached a snapshot of the files
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jul 29, 2015 at 03:39 AM
This sort of thing usually happens when you plug in flash disk to old PCs (Pentium IV or lower) or on PC's internal card reader with USB port. Apparently, some old USB controllers (those that were manufactured before 4-GB flash storage were developed) simply do not support USB drives larger than 2GB. As a result, the files get corrupted.

If you can still open those folders and files then I suggest you copy those files to another drive immediately. Before attempting to fix it, copy the files to another drive as backup.To fix, simply run CHKDSK on your flash drive.

If you cannot recover your data through CHKDSK then I suggest you to use a recovery software.

I just found this excellent recovery software TestDisk.

It is called TestDisk and it is a powerful recovery software. It can fix partition tables, FAT, FAT32, NTFS boot sectors, recover deleted files, copy deleted files, and many more. I suggest you go to the website, download, install and give it a try for yourself. It is easy enough to use for experts and novices alike.
TestDisk Step by step procedure

Hope it helps.

<signature>Hardware Technician
Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you </span>
INAKUM31 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday July 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 29, 2015
Jul 29, 2015 at 04:49 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply!!!. Appreciated.
I am able to open the primary folder named Ishan. However the content inside the primary folder are not opening. And I am not able to copy them to another drive as it says "The system cannot find the path specified". . However I am in touch with a tech guy who is going to help me with the steps you have suggested. I will update you back on sunday. If am able to get my photos. Thanks for help!!
Jul 29, 2015 at 06:38 AM
Update is appreciated!