Exporting data from one Excel spreadsheet to another spreadsheet is always a problem if you want to have the same content in the second too. We sill see how to solve this problem with an example.
I have a query. Whenever I export a file from the internet the data gets saved into a new Excel file instead of the Excel sheet I am working in. As a result I have to copy the data from that file to the Excel file I am working in. This is very time consuming. Is there a shorter method to directly export the data into the working Excel file?
Another example problem: I have recorded a macro for a particular worksheet. That macro does two things:
- 1. There are two cols. Column A and Column B. In col C it subtracts Col A from B.
- 2. It finds the weighted average between col A and C.
Now I want to run this macro in all worksheets except the first worksheet. What is the code to do that?
To solve the firs problem:
- Copy the webpage address in Excel clipboard.
- Go to your sheet.
- Select any cell from where you want the file to be copied. e.g. A1.
- Click data-import external data (or something like this depending upon the version) - new web query.
- In the new web query window paste the address of the webpage at the top against "address".
- Click on Go
- You will get the whole webpage. Whatever table you want, click the tick mark and the whole table will be marked
- Click "import" at the bottom right
- It will ask where you want to park it. If it is already A1 click ok
To solve the second issue:
Sub test1() Dim j As Integer, k As Integer j = Worksheets.Count 'MsgBox j For k = 1 To j 'MsgBox Sheets(k).Name If Sheets(k).Name = "Sheet1" Then GoTo nnext Sheets(k).Activate NAME OF THE MACRO nnext: Next k End Sub