HDD partitions not shown oin Win Explorer

Closed
sirulara - Jul 31, 2015 at 11:44 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Aug 3, 2015 at 07:56 AM
Hello,

I have a problem after Win8.1 went on a recovery mode. The OS is Windows 8.1 and its on a 500GB Seagate HDD and the other HDD is a Western Digital 1 TB HDD. The 1 TB HDD has lots of data on 2 partitions and this is not shown in Win Explorer though it is showing as unallocated in Disk Management
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Aug 3, 2015 at 07:56 AM
Hi Sirulara,

I am sorry for the difficulties to access your data. Sadly, if the drive appears as unallocated, it should be formatted in order to be usable again. This action will erase all the data on the drive. If you have some valuable information on the drive, try booting from a Linux Live CD. It may grant you enough access to backup your data. Some users recommend using some recovery software, but keep in mind that there is no promise that the data will be recovered, but any unsuccessful recovery may cause some problems in future professional data recovery attempts.
If you manage to backup your files and you successfully format the hard drive, use Data Lifeguard Diagnostic to scan the drive and confirm it's condition. I leave you a download link below.

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=gMz1Zh - Data Lifeguard Diagnostic

Hope this helps