Dell Inspiron 3000 series

Closed
donklv Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday 11 August 2015 Status Member Last seen 11 August 2015 - 11 Aug 2015 à 20:47
donklv Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday 11 August 2015 Status Member Last seen 11 August 2015 - 11 Aug 2015 à 22:35
History: 1T hard drive, 12 GB Ram, 3.6 processor. I have had the computer for about 1.5 months. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (which I actually like). Recently it started acting sketchy and I though maybe it needed rebooting. On rebooting it immediately went to the Dell diagnostics and self help screen. You go through the various suggestions and then restart. On restart it goes through the diagnostics cycle, bringing me back to the blue self help page.

As I write this it is being factory reset.

My questions: Why would I need to factory reset on such new computer; then should I trust this computer again?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
11 Aug 2015 à 21:07
I would keep an eye on it. A hardware problem is not going to be fixed by a factory restore.
Since it's still under warranty perhaps Dell will provide you with a new hard disk with the recovery partition pre-recorded.

Good luck
donklv Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday 11 August 2015 Status Member Last seen 11 August 2015
11 Aug 2015 à 22:35
Thank you very much. I will keep an eye on it. I could have boxed it up and returned it but I didn't really want to risk personal data like bank stuff being on it. Now I am comfortable doing that. Thanks again.