Toshiba laptop screen stays blank

Closed
Linda - Aug 15, 2015 at 06:23 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 17, 2015 at 02:01 PM
Hey out there,
I have a Toshiba C585, and the screen ends up black with a moveable cursor on it but you can't access anything. Not with the cursor or the function keys, F8, for example. I was told I needed to reinstall the windows7, an that came preloaded on the laptop, but after reading some of posts here I am not sure. When the laptop is turned on it will have the options for F2 and F12 then it hits a wall. Sometimes the windows loading screen comes fully up and sometimes it lacks the colored windows that pulse. Either way it ultimately ends up with the black screen with the cursor in the middle. I have tried removing the power sources, holding the power button down for 2 mins and repowering. As well as just removing the power sources and restarting. The F8 key function does nothing. But once I did,very briefly see the safe mode screen, but was not quick enough to catch it. I no nothing about computers other than I want to turn it on and be able to use it. Any ideas foe this computer challenged person?

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Aug 16, 2015 at 09:51 PM
You're just not skilled to fix it yourself. I suggest you have a local PC repair shot do a diagnosis. They will probably suggest you replace the hard drive and reinstall a new copy of Windows. The problem is it might be cheaper to buy a new computer.

Good Luck
Thank you for the prompt reply. Sounds like the repair cost for me would be equal to or more than just replacement. Again, thank you
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827 > Linda
Aug 17, 2015 at 02:01 PM
You never know until you spend a some money to have it diagnosed.